Wednesday 5 February 2014

Hello Deer...


A friend recently got her ears pierced and has started needing somewhere small to keep all her earrings so I thought I'd make her a special little dish to store them in.

For this I needed:
Heart shaped dish (I got mine from here)
Children's plastic animal (any toy shop)
Spray Paint
Super Glue

Firstly I spray painted my little deer a bright gold.  (Actually The Boyfriend helped as he got very excited when I brought home spray paint. There's just something about it isn't there?)
Once my golden deer was properly dry, we just super glued him in place and ta-da. Very simple yet very cute jewellery dish!

The thing with DIY is that it need not necessarily be hard. This took minutes (and drying time) but is far prettier than a plain dish or a ring holder dish from the local stores.

4 comments:

  1. awesome DIY :)

    x

    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Molly! yup, trie dto keep it chic, but waaay more affordable!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks hun! I was so very happy with the result!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Natalie. Was fun and easy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete